After two years of being a mini trade show for our Associate members to show off their products and services to our Professional members, IFMA After Hours took on a new look this year. The Summit Club in the Bank of America building was the location for a new concept in getting in front of potential customers.
The concept? Speed dating. Yes, that’s right. Speed dating. Well, sort of.
The evening featured 20 of our Professional members participating in the speed-dating event. Tables were lined along the windows on the south side of the meeting area providing a panoramic view of Tulsa. However, the focus of the Associate members was entirely on the Professional member sitting across from them at each table.
Under the “speed-dating” rules, each Associate member was allowed 5 minutes to give their best sales presentation to each Professional member. At the end of 5 minutes, Membership Chair, Sharon Marrs, would ring a bell indicating it was time to move on to the next table. The event continued throughout the evening until each Associate member had a chance to meet with each Professional member.
In addition to the “speed-dating,” the IFMA Tulsa chapter provided delicious hors d’ourves and there was a cash bar. The Professional members were treated to a variety of gift items from the Associate members that included promotional items as well as gift certificates, etc.
Many thanks to Sharon Marrs for coming up with the speed-dating idea and putting this event together. Also, many thanks to the Professional members that participated, including:
- Barbara Reynolds – Xeta Technologies
- Bill Aldrich – CB Richard Ellis/Oklahoma
- Karl Berens – Southwestern Regional Medical Center
- Renae Smith – The Williams Companies
- Steve Dickey – Hilti, Inc.
- Debbi Bennett – QuikTrip
- Harold Gilbert – QuikTrip
- Steve Brady – The Williams Companies
- Bill Stickler – Samson Investment Co.
- Jim Sires – Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Kerri Shackelford - CB Richard Ellis/Oklahoma
- Tony Lenox – TV Guide
- Steve Berry - Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Carl Vincent – Ruffin Properties
- DeAnn Magness - The Williams Companies
- Derek Lindeman – AEP/PSO
- LouAnn Smith – Cowen Construction
- John Neas – Veteran Properties
- James Cleland – American Red Cross
- Clint Baranowski – Kanbar Property Management
Everyone had a great time and we look forward to next year’s “IFMA After Hours.”