Josh Miller with the George Kaiser Family Foundation was the speaker for the IFMA Tulsa June 2015 meeting. Josh’s presentation covered all the different areas that will make up the project known as “A Gathering Place for Tulsa.” The project will be ongoing for the next two years and will require the closing of one of Tulsa’s main thoroughfares for that period of time.
Below are some of the areas of the project that Josh addressed:
- The Great Lawn – This large space will be multifunctional and highly flexible; a spot for picnics, Frisbee, casual soccer or ball throwing, sunbathing, reading, relaxing, playing capture the flag or just hanging out.
- Blair Pond & Wetland Gardens – Blair Pond is a major nexus of park activity that brings excitement and tranquility of water into the main heart of the park, creating a more diverse landscape experience and program.
- Adventure Playground – The Adventure Playground will be a destination for children and parents from miles around, offering a special outdoor environment where everything has been designed specifically with the intention of engaging the imagination and the body.
- The Lodge – The Lodge is an extroverted building that anchors various park activities by offering amenities such as restrooms, cafes, changing cabanas, educational activity rooms, fireplaces and indoor lounge spaces.
- Mist Mountain – Mist Mountain is one of many elements within the park that has been designed specifically to provide an exciting and active way to beat the heat. Feature of the mountain include a spray area, mist area, tunnels, dams and streams, a water lab and a water plaza.
These are just a few of the many areas that will make up “A Gathering Place for Tulsa.” Our thanks to Josh for taking the time out of his busy schedule to come and speak to us about this exciting project for the city of Tulsa.