Become a Certified Facility Manager®, Facility Management Professional™ or Sustainability Facility Professional®.
IFMA’s professional credentials will help you:
- Advance your career
- Achieve recognition
- Stand out from the competition
- Gain valuable professional knowledge
The Certified Facility Manager (CFM) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring knowledge and abilities of practicing facility managers. The certification process is designed to assess competence in the field through work experience, education and the ability to pass a comprehensive exam.
Earning your CFM will allow you to:
- Distinguish yourself in today’s competitive job market. A CFM status puts you ahead of the competition. Certified Facility Managers have proven their abilities and demonstrated their commitment to achieving excellence in the profession.
- Invest in Your Future. CFMs earn, on average, 13% more than non-certified facility managers. Earning your CFM is one of the most important career decisions you can make.
- Demonstrate Your Leadership and Initiative. It’s not easy to achieve CFM status. The CFM credential is a tangible sign of your success. Share your expertise and mentor up-and-coming members of your organization.
- Advance Your Profession. Facility managers must be proficient in a wide range of competencies. The CFM program articulates the level of skill and talent required of the profession.
- Enhance Your Professional Network. Enjoy opportunities to network during special CFM events. IFMA chapter members receive special recognition from their chapters.
Facility Management Professional – FMP
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation is a knowledge-based credential demonstrating a proven comprehension of the basics of facility management. A springboard for obtaining certification, the FMP designation will help to accelerate an FM’s transition into the profession.
Are you ready to be an FMP? IFMA recognized the need for a designation for entry-level and transitioning facility professionals who do not yet have the hands-on experience required for obtaining the CFM.
It’s recommended to participate in the FMP program that you meet one of these criteria:
- Facility management practitioners with less than five years of experience
- Transitioning professionals with significant experience in former related careers
- Partner practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers
- Associated corporate providers of FM products and services
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs
IFMA’s SFP™ is an assessment-based certificate program delivering a specialty credential in sustainability. By earning your SFP credential, you will develop and gain recognition for your expertise in sustainable FM practices while impacting your organization’s economic, environmental and social bottom lines.
IFMA’s Sustainability Facility Professional (SFP) Credential Program is unlike any other credential or certification. More than a building certificationand rating system, the new SFP credential helps facility professionals play a key leadership role in creating, managing and operating sustainable facilities by giving them the skills to continually improve their facility’s impact on the environment and the community.
Earning the SFP credential helps bridge the gap between the professional and the property, teaching facility managers how to implement sustainability concepts that align with corporate strategy. IFMA’s SFP Credential Program provides the tools to enhance your knowledge and earn the SFP credential in one complete program. This new training and assessment program provides a complete picture of how individuals can improve the sustainability of their facilities through three comprehensive focus areas:
- Strategy and Alignment for Sustainable Facility Management
- Managing Sustainable Facilities
- Operating Sustainable Facilities